Tuesday, November 27, 2012

More Split Snowflake Cards

Back with more half snowflake designs : )


 The dusty rose, mint and gray colors were quite a challenge for me. I kept wanting to leave either the rose or green out from whatever I tried. But I finally ended up with both colors on the same card. In an odd way the background snowflake reminded me of holly leaves, so I added the rose circles in the center to be like the holly berries. I have a few December birthdays so this is a subtly-themed, holiday birthday card.


This is similar to my original split snowflake card, but it has more of a chalkboard feel with a chalk border, and white ink smudges. And blue polka dots for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge.



Finally, a glittery snowflake, inspired by the Less Is More challenge to use glitz and glam. I added the vellum layer underneath to help give the snowflake dimension without taking too much away from the glittery layer on top. The silver "path" of the snowflake is run through a hole punched in the fold and taped down inside (love the hexagon pattern on the reverse side).


I had to run out to Michael's for more embossing powder. I don't emboss too often, so when I tried it last night I was surprised to find the powder had yellowed slightly. It's probably 10-15 years old!

Thanks for looking!
-Kelly

Supplies used (pink and green Make A Wish): 
stamps:  Papertrey Think Big Favorites #13
dies:  Papertrey Damask Snowflake
other: hole punch

Supplies used (blue Merry Christmas): 
stamps:  Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites #20
impression plates: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
dies:  Papertrey Damask Snowflake
other:  Chalk Pencil

Supplies used (pink Make A Wish): 
stamps: Papertrey Think Big Favorites #13
dies:  Papertrey Damask Snowflake
other: chunky glitter


  UndertheTableandDreaming

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Kelly!!My favorite is the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly all of your cards are just gorgeous. I love your split snowflakes, what a great die to use for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT take on the challenges, Kelly!! Love your half snowflakes...you sure are making AWESOME use of that diecut ( and you make me want one, too!). So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Love it in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three gorgeous cards Kelly - I particularly like the first with the soft colours against the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super gorgeous card...rockin' those snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three wonderful cards ... The split snowflakes are beautiful and pop out so brilliantly against the darker colours ... particularly the glittery one! Love them! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous!!! I especially love the pink one with the vellum & glittery snowflakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Kelly these are fabulous! I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite!
    Thank you for your thoughtful comment on my MIL ~ hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of these Kelly~gorgeous! Congratulations on your tweet~

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab selection of cards Kelly... i would never of thought to do this

    thanks for joining us

    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the glitzy LIM version of this design.
    Super cards
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous snowflake cards. Especially liking the sparkly, vellum snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They're ALL beautiful...I can't decide which one I like best! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really gorgeous Kelly! Love the entire set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them all Kelly, but the first one is my favorite..you did a great job with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. BEAUTIFUL cards, Kelly...love them all!! You have inspired me to try snowflakes a new and in different ways...simply lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those split snowflakes! The first one is especially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow. Love the split on the first one - and the color combo. Great job. And the last one - the pink plus glitter. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are really beautiful, Kelly! I haven't gotten a chance to watch the video yet, but can see that your cards perfectly showcase the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE, LOVE all your snowflake cards Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful Kelly....love them all!
    Thanks for the email info! Made something today....will mail tomorrow morning!
    Big Hugs,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Kelly! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow! Totally gorgeous! I am loving these, what a great set!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly