Tuesday, January 7, 2014

CFS: Sands of Time


The second stamp set released this month for CAS-ual Fridays Stamps is Sands of Time. How adorable is the heart shape made by the sand inside the hourglass?!? Michele is just too clever. Also love how the sentiment goes so well with the hourglass theme.



Here I wallpapered the card with the hourglass image. Isn't that color ink a dream?! It's Fresh Ink's Pool by Impress. Cristina was kind enough to share it with me, with a warning that once I used the pigment ink I wouldn't want to put it down. How did she know?! I've also been using the Slate ink a lot (like on the first card). It's the perfect warm gray.

Anyway, I colored the negative spaces gray so the hourglasses would remain white. Here's another great sentiment to go along with the main image. I was going to ink it in black, but then I thought what the heck, let's be crazy and give yellow a try. It's a little different : )


Instead of tossing the scraps in my overflowing pile, I used them on the inside of the card, along with a marquis shape for writing a sentiment. You can see how the markers show through on the other side of the front. Normally this would bother me, but in this case I think it makes a nice pattern (and shows the recipient that you hand colored it).


No hourglass image for this card, it just uses the row of hearts stamped in multiple shades of red. It's mounted on foam core and gallery-wrapped with chevron American Crafts ribbon. I chose a gray background to make the white pop.


There's a fun little surprise on the lower right corner ... xoxo!
More inspiration waits for you with the rest of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps Design Team:

 Dana

Thanks for looking, and stop back tomorrow for the last day of the release sneaks! Also, be sure to comment at CAS-ual Fridays Stamps ... one lucky winner will receive the ENTIRE release (stamps and dies!!)

-Kelly

15 comments:

  1. The hourglass pattern you created on the diagonal is just divine, and I LOVE the kind of faux canvas/artwork you created to hang on the last card

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the dimension on your cards. Absolutely phenomenal!! Just like pieces of art!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and creative projects, Kelly, I love your originality. So fresh and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly you knocked this entire release Outta the park girl. I typically can't wait to see what genius ideas you concoct with the new stamps each month, but goodness, these designs really take the cake. As for Fresh Ink, I've been a diehard fan for 3 years now and will NEVER look back. Never. Before I despised pigment ink...now the only dye ink I use is Memento for copic coloring and Ranger Archival black for everything else. Fresh ink all the way baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! Love how you created that fun pattern using the hour glass and that yellow on black...to die for! I'm going to have to be on the hunt for bright embossing powder. Loving the insides of your cards too...perfect for not wasting any scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work with these stamps! I love the adorable hourglass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so fun and brilliant, Kelly ... my fave is the heart 'canvas' ... so original and clever ... and it looks awesome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bunch of lovely cards.
    Love how you used
    the foam core and
    popped the card.
    Love this stamp.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. PRETTY PRETTY cards Kelly and such great designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did such a great job showcasing these new stamps. Everything has all the details and punch that you always put into everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Really clever. I like all the hearts in the rectangle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so clever, Kelly! Love all of your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How imaginative and creative!! My fave is the relatively simple last one. Really nice.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly