Friday, March 16, 2018

Brutus Monroe Surface Ink Road Test!


Hi Folks! I've been so excited to share a new project I've been working on ... using Brutus Monroe Surface Inks to stamp on TILE! I wasn't sure how it was going to work out, or if it would be a complete waste of time, but I really couldn't be more thrilled with how they all turned out! The best part is, tile is so cheap, yet looks very substantial. At 15 cents per tile, it costs about the same as plain white cardstock!

In my CLASSroom post at Ellen Hutson I go over four different techniques for working with these inks on tile:
 

1) Stamping.
 
2) Embossing.

3) Dry Brushing. 

 4. Smooshing.
 

I'd love to see you over in The CLASSroom where I share all my tips, tricks, fails and successes with using these inks on the tiles. I've had them all out on my desk for the last couple weeks because I just love how they look. Even my family was really impressed!

Thanks so much for looking!
-Kelly

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful Kelly!! I love the color combos you've used!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly these are amazing ... I LOve white subway tiles!
    It seems to me that the gold is one I'm definitely going to get into my arsenal, my friend - I've loved seeing all of these colors, too!
    Great job, corn on the cob!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Kelly. I can see using square ones as coasters. Thanks for checking out this new-to-me ink and sharing the beautiful results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, these are all amazing!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, this is amazing Kelly! The hydrangea looks perfect on a tile- that would be so pretty on a bathroom wall! The girls have decided we need to do this next time :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love reading comments. Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave one! - Kelly